Friday, October 28, 2005

Initial D part 2!!

Somehow, i seemed to be most active at these type of 狗不拉屎, 鸟不生蛋 time. Again, taking a break from my studies, i decided to go n take a look at my Vti. Tom, i will be sending in my Vti to my dealer for scrapping liao, so this is the last nite i can actually take a good good look at my precious Honda Civic Vti.

Got sentimental value liao.....the car has been with me for ard 2 yrs liao......a bit sad to part with him....but 车老了, 不重用了. lately has been giving me alot of problems....gear box...aircon....

anyway, back to the main point....probably inspired by yesterday's "race" with the LJ lancer, and due to the fact dat i'll be scrapping my car soon.... i decided to try something which i had always wanted to try but didnt have the chance.......

Yes, DRIFTING!!!

so....was letting chee lip drive my car round ntu. He was taking practical lessons now but didnt have the chance to drive an auto car, so i let him try lor. (sorry dudes, my new Mazda 3 will strictly be restricted to being driven by me and my 老婆 only!!)

so we were driving around NTU with me as the driving instructor beside him. cruising ard n i saw a suitable BIG t-junction somewhere near H15 and NIE. so cheelip and me swap seats and i began going thru my mind the procedures of drifting.

ok, im not an expert...nonono, expert not the word.....i know nuts about drifiting!!!! all i know was wat i gathered from initial D, from that takumi's good fren...cant rem his name.... so it goes like this....drive into a junction.....pull the handbrake...then...... cant rem liao. all i know is dat i need to pull handbrake la!

Attempt No. 1
I drove up to bend n turned my steering wheel gently, at the same time pulling the handbrake a little bit like an ah gua. Nothing happened, the car juz negotiated normally into the left without any signs of drifting, or even any signs at all!!!
ATTEMPT FAILED!

Attempt No. 2
I floored my accelerator....didnt take note of the speed, but not too fast la...probably ard 50-60km/h. once i reach the junction, i turned my steering wheel left and pulled the handbrake. at the same time, i didnt even realise i took my feet off the accelerator. a slight screeching sound was heard, my car turned slightly more than 90° before stopping.
ATTEMPT FAILED!

Attempt No. 3
This time round, i realised wat i did wrong previously: Mustn't let go of the accelerator, so as to allow the drift to carry on. With this in mind, i began on my conquer again! This time round, abit hum ji, and with cheelip beside me kao-pei-ing, i entered the junction at a rather slow speed, maybe ard 40km/h? didnt take note of the speed as i nvr expected this attempt would fail. i turned into the juntion, pulled handbrake and my feet still at the pedal. Like the first attempt, nothing happened. Me n cheelip both concluded must be due to the lack of speed.
ATTEMPT FAILED!

at this point of time, cheelip said he wanna go back liao. he meeting his basketball kakis play basketball(wtf? 5am leh!!!) so i drove him back before going back to try again!!

Attempt No. 4
Without a passenger beside me, i felt more confident this time. cos if xia suay nobody will know ma! haha. a few key points this time, mustn't enter the junction too slow, handbrake must pull harder, accelerator mustn't let go. with these points in mind, i gave my 4th attempt another shot! Ah hah, this time round, kinda succesful la, i managed to drift a little bit but i forget a very important point, that i HAVE to counter the steering after the turn. I frantically turned my steering right after the bend and i executed a very ugly S-shaped path after the drift. hmm, shall consider this
ATTEMPT FAILED!

Attempt No. 5
A bike was seen entering H15's carpark, so i had to gei gei drive away n not loiter near the junction. i made a u-turn ard 30metres away and came back to give it another try. This time i tried going faster, i think ard 60-70km/h. but i abit 心不在焉, worrying that bike might be from campus security. i entered the bend, kept the accelerator floored, pulled the handbrake, BUT I BLOODY FORGOT TO COUNTER STEER AGAIN! this time power ah, macham straight from the intial d scene, my car turned a full 360° and more ah! At the same time a FARKING LOUD screeching sound was made. My civic stopped in the middle of the junction. Like a kan jiong spider, hum ji kia, and a 热锅上的蚂蚁 all combined together, i floored my accelerator and quickly get out of the scene!!
ATTEMPT FAILED!

This marks the end of my little drifting adventure. It'll be a long long time before i get another chance to try this wonderful technique again. Who going to scrap car soon huh? must inform me leh! haha.

*** oh ya, dear ah, if u r reading this, dun worry ok. i will NOT try this on our 宝贝 Mazda 3 one. sompa!!! =) ***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home